15 October 2014

Stirring up trouble 10-13-14

#bestweekofthemission!

...#sofar

AH I wish I could tell you all of the downright unbelievable things that have happened in these past six days! Maybe I'll try to sum it all up quickly.

Monday we found out that Hermana Kim was leaving, so we had a little farewell Family Home Evening for her with some of the members in the nighttime. I was pretty darn sad because I love her SO much but I knew that she would go on to do bigger and better things. :)



And I was right! Tuesday was transfers and Hermana Kim was called to train a gringa! Yay! And my good pal Elder Larsen, as I predicted some good time ago, was called to be the new Assistant. And I was called to stay here in San Diego and tear it up with my new companion Hermana Paredes! She is from Cochabamba, Bolivia, has 3 transfers in the field and is the daughter of Hermana Aliaga, one of the sister trainers. Let me just tell ya...



She is powerful.

I feel like she is retraining me and it's the BEST! Hahaha I probably seem like such an underachiever in my letters. I am at least near average, thank you very much.

Anyway, so we got home and got to finding and teaching. We have found new investigators every day and our total for this week was 16. It seemed like families were just appearing out of nowhere! We left the established goal of 10 daily contacts in the dust and I realized that when we pray with faith and act according to the guidance we receive, the Lord truly does put many people in our path who He has prepared to receive the gospel. He puts them there because He knows that we will listen when He tells us to talk to them. And then we do and He puts more right around the corner! So sometimes it took us like 10 minutes just to walk a 100-yard stretch to get to an appointment.

Then we had a stake conference (STILL haven't seen General Conference but it's a-comin' this weekend for us!) and it was so incredibly inspiring! We have some seriously amazing members and leaders in our stake. My companion and I both received a lot of personal revelation and revelation for our area and it helped us to work even harder.

I have not felt such exhaustion in a very, very long time. My feet have probably never ached so ardently, and I have likely never felt such strange random pains before. From time to time I realize that I am dying of hunger because we're working so hard I literally forget to eat! But 
AM
SO 
HAPPY!

I told Hermana Paredes our first day together that she is going to kill me. She laughed and said "Okay, great! I'm so excited!" I was referring to ending my mission...but I think she had a little something else in mind.

She's already become such a close friend as well. How blessed I have been! They say your missionary companions prepare you for your spouse...I think my husband might be schizophrenic. I have had quite a variety of companions. But all in all, I'm going to be one lucky girl.

#stillnottrunkypromise

Well...I'm going to leave it at that because I need to go save the world! I love you all so much! Read the words of Nephi!

Hermana Hewitt

No comments:

Post a Comment